Registered Charity No. 1080505 |

Company Limited No. 3946731


2019 Proudly created by BOP Studio


  • Facebook
  • Twitter


Our Welfare Benefits service gives advice and help on all Welfare Benefit claims. It also provides support and information with appeals for disability benefits.

  • Universal Credit (UC)

  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

  • Employment Support Allowance (ESA)

  • Incapacity Benefit (IB)

  • Carers Allowance (CA)

  • Attendance Allowance (AA)

  • Income Support (IS)

We have three Welfare Benefits Advisors who can help you with your claim or give advice. One of them is a Gujarati speaker.

We regret to announce that from the 2nd October 2017 there will be a charge for advice given and for forms completed by our Welfare Benefits Service Advisors in meetings or for them attending tribunals.

This is due to Harrow Council cutting our grant to supply this service free of charge in each of the last 5 years. 

Our charges are listed in a leaflet which is available from our reception.


Some benefits, such as Income Support, are “Means tested”, whilst benefits such as Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance, are not.

Disability Living Allowance could be claimed by people under 65 years old at time of application and consists of two components – mobility & care. Since 2013 DLA has only been for children under the age of 16.

Attendance Allowance can only be claimed by people aged 65 and over at time of application. It only consists of the care component.

If you think that you may be entitled to welfare benefits and reside in the London Borough of Harrow (to whom you pay your Council Tax) you can make an appointment to see one of HAD's Welfare Benefit Advisors.

They can assess your entitlement to benefits, assist you in completing the application forms and represent you at Appeals. Benefit advice sessions are held at our fully accessible office, by appointment only, on Mondays 2 - 4pm, Tuesdays 1.30pm - 4.30pm and Wednesdays 10am to 12am.

If you want to know what you are entitled to or need help filling in forms we are here to help you. Please telephone for an appointment, or email  for more information.